Fitness for life‑long health.
Introducing the PEAR® Wise app. It’s an easy way to get moving, with workout plans specifically designed for 55+ young. It’s fitness inspired by you — so here’s to your good health.
FITNESS FOR YOU
Set goals that fit.
Whether you exercise regularly or it's been a while, your plan is tailored to your fitness level and goals so you can continue enjoying life.
Invest in your whole health.
Your plan builds mindfulness activities into your routine to ensure you’re nurturing your body, mind and spirit.
Celebrate your progress.
The app tracks your stats and updates your plan over time so you can see your workout wins, reach your goals and receive badges along the way.
It’s easy to share your progress with friends and family so you can stay motivated together.
Meet the experts.
Jenny is a walking, running, and fitness expert. Her Flow-Based Training System focuses on using your body’s rhythm in daily life to help reach fitness goals.
movement & Flexibility
Joseph’s passion is Pilates, bringing postural balance to the body through mindful movements. He believes flexibility relieves pain and brings joy.
Paige is an all-around athlete who loves teaching. She makes it fun, easy, and inspirational for people to get moving and strengthen their bodies.
Jon is a world-renowned exercise physiologist and PEAR’s Chief Science Officer. He’s a believer in making fitness accessible and fun for everybody.
Dr. Amy Lee
Nutrition & Wellness
Dr. Lee is the Chief Medical Officer at Lindora Clinic. She’s passionate about helping people improve their overall health through weight loss and nutrition.
How do I sign up for the app?
Get your confirmation code
To get your confirmation code, sign in to your plan website, go to Health & Wellness and look for Renew Active. Or Call the Customer Service number on the back of your member ID card.
Download the app
Set up your account on the app
- Open the app
- Enter your confirmation code to verify your account
- Follow the steps and you’re on your way to getting your personalized fitness plan!
Unlike any other offering, the PEAR for Renew Active App makes getting active and staying active a custom experience! The app is built on proven, evidence-based PEAR Training Intelligence® AI and 25 years of working with thousands of people just like you. PEAR for Renew Active will create a hyper-personalized training plan based on your biometric data, fitness level, goals and needs. No more guessing what you should be doing, is it working and what to do next. We do the work for you! PEAR for Renew Active is free and exclusive, and it’s the only app designed specifically for Renew Active Members!
To find your Renew Active® Confirmation Code, call the Customer Service number found on the back of your insurance ID card.
To get Support with the App – Send an email to email@example.com; or Call: (619) 431-2335
Yes! Take the app on a walk with your friends or workout together at home by casting one of the balance, flexibility or strength classes to your TV.
Your training plan is personalized just for you! Once you’ve entered your Renew Active Confirmation code and answered the brief set of questions in the app, it will build your very own personal training plan.
Your coach will demonstrate each exercise in detail. You can always pause your workout and rewind to see the exercise move performed again.
The app uses your performance and compliance data to adapt your training plan to improve your overall fitness level and allow you to continue doing what you love! You can share your data with your doctors and track your progress.
The app is a highly secure environment that is HIPAA Compliant, GDPR and CCLPA Compliant, we operate on OWASP Security Standards and we conduct regular security audits and scans.
The training plans are specifically designed and personalized just for you. The app takes into account what equipment you have access to. You will not be given an exercise that has equipment you don’t have.
Before you start your workout, check the list of equipment to see what you need before beginning. Your coach will also tell you what you need at the beginning of the workout. You can always pause the workout to gather what you need, set up and then resume the workout.
The app is FREE and exclusive for UnitedHealthCare® Renew Active® Medicare members! All you need is your Renew Active Confirmation code. If you don’t have it already, you can call the Customer Service number on the back of your insurance ID card.
The app uses your biometric data and PEAR Training Intelligence® AI engine to prescribe a training plan that is personalized just for you. Following a fitness training plan will help lower your risk of falling, certain diseases and allow you to keep doing what you love longer!
This app is for UnitedHealthCare® Renew Active® Medicare members who:
- Had a doctor recommend they begin an exercise program
- Want to get active and don’t know where to begin
- Are already active and want to stay active
- Actively aging runners looking for new challenges
- Jon Ackland, Chief Science Officer, PEAR – Jon Ackland leads the PEAR Performance and Sports Science team in New Zealand. Jon is a world-renowned exercise physiologist and sports performance expert who has coached world champions and world record holders across a number of sports disciplines. He established the world’s first commercial sports science institute, has authored nine books on performance training, and is himself a former national rowing champion and Ironman triathlete. Jon’s bestselling Power to Perform and The Complete Guide to Endurance Training are both used as university texts. He is also the author of five patents around the interpretation and analysis of physiological data. Jon acquired his first heart rate monitor in 1987 with the goal of using a scientific approach to improving elite performance training. But his interests have always extended to everyday exercise for every person. His pioneering work in physiological AI is beneficial to everyone — to know what to do and to do what is right for each individual body.
- Jenny Hadfield, Endurance Expert & Coach – Jenny is a walking, running and fitness expert and adventure-preneur who inspires everyone to live their best life. For over 20 years, she has inspired walkers and runners with her Flow-Based Training System (SM). Coach Hadfield teaches us to train with the rhythm of the body and everyday life to achieve success and reach our goals. She has twice been voted the Greatest Top 100 Influencers in the Health and Fitness industry. Jenny is a best-selling author and a popular Runner’s World Columnist. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Education and Health Promotion and a Master’s in Exercise Science.
- Paige Huffman – Strength Coach – Paige has combined her two greatest loves of Fitness and people to become a coach, personal trainer, group exercise instructor, teacher and mentor for all ages. By nature, she is a teacher and an all-around athlete. Her ease of explanation, love of movement and power of positivity makes training with Paige easy, inspiring and fun! Paige has helped hundreds of people develop greater strength, balance and flexibility, and she has motivated her followers to adopt healthy lifestyle habits.
- Joseph Quinn, President and General Manager, PEAR Wellness – Joseph has been a professional in postural alignment, precision movement and breathwork since 2004 when he opened the first classical Pilates studio in Berkeley, California. He started practicing Pilates to relieve his own chronic back pain. For seven seasons, Joe was also the Core Strength and Flexibility Trainer for Cal Berkeley Football. Joseph is passionate about teaching healthy movement and the associated benefits of pain relief.
- Dr. Amy Lee, Chief Medical Officer, PEAR – Dr. Amy Lee is the Chief Medical Officer for PEAR. Dr. Lee is triple board certified in internal medicine, medical nutrition and obesity medicine. She is a leading expert in nutrition and lifestyle change. Dr. Lee received an undergraduate degree from the University of Washington and a medical degree from the University of Illinois. She completed her internal medicine residency at USC followed by a clinical nutrition fellowship at UCLA.
This app is for anyone who wants to increase their activity levels, flexibility and balance. It’s easy-to-navigate platform makes getting active and staying active both easy and fun! The app prescribes a hyper-personalized training plan that is specific to you.
Here are a few more reasons why you should use the app:
- Has your doctor talked with you about exercise lately? If so, this app can and will help
- Exercise has many benefits, here are just a few:
i. Can decrease your risk of falling
ii. Make you stronger so you can continue enjoying the activities you love
iii. Keep you independent and help you live longer
iv. Improves cognitive function
v. Can improve mental health
First and foremost, if you think you are at risk of falling, contact your doctor and make an appointment. According to the CDC, one out of every four Americans over the age of 65 falls each year, but less than half tell their doctor. In addition, the CDC recommends doing strength and balance exercises to strengthen your legs to improve your balance which can prevent you from falling.
Each PEAR Coach shares insights about health and wellness during every workout. You will learn something new each workout! You can find a list of helpful and knowledgeable articles sharing the importance of exercise, staying active and the science behind it here.
The CDC recommends at least 150 minutes a week of moderate intensity exercise such as walking for 65+ aged adults; including two days a week of muscle strengthening and balance exercises. According to the CDC, being active as you age decreases your risk of falling, improves your balance and flexibility, and allows you to continue doing the activities you love on a daily basis. PEAR for Renew Active is here to help you lead a healthier and happier life!
The PEAR for Renew Active app is designed to allow you to take your workout anywhere. The easy-to-use interface and fully guided workouts make the mobile experience interactive and fun.
The ability to play your workouts directly on your TV is coming soon. Click here to subscribe for updates.